If you’ve been reading this blog from the beginning, then you would know about these Charley Harper birds. They were the first blocks I ever blogged about, and went through quite a number of transformations before I settled on this final design.
If you stuck with me over time, then you would know the tree went through its own metamorphosis, and that creating these improv pieced branches was the gateway drug that led me to attempt Lincoln. Once the quilt top was finished, I had a vision for how I wanted it to be quilted. I wanted wind, and phantom birds, and lots and lots of movement. But I also knew that I didn’t have the skills to make it happen. So, in a pile it sat for years, until this year, when I decided that I may never have the skills to make my vision happen. And that is okay.
So off it went to the incredibly-talented and amazing Shelly Pagliai and voila! A fabulous finished quilt!